Flood and Earthquake Insurance

1) Flood Insurance Coverage Helps You Stay Prepared for the Worst

Most homeowners insurance policies, including those offered by State Farm®, do not cover flood damage. If your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), however, you can buy flood insurance coverage directly from the federal government through the National Flood Insurance Program.

Federal Flood Insurance Coverage

Most flood insurance is written through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

A flood insurance policy normally takes 30 days from the date of purchase to go into effect. So don’t wait until a flood is imminent to buy a policy.

The National Flood Insurance Program is only available in the United States.

Automobile/Recreational Vehicle Coverage

If you carry optional comprehensive coverage on your automobile policy, or if you carry optional physical damage coverage on your recreational vehicle policy, then the direct, sudden damage to your vehicle resulting from a flood would be covered under the terms of most policies.

2) EarthQuake: Renters Insurance Rates Vary by Company and by:

  • the coverages you select.
  • how much coverage you buy.
  • the deductible you select.

Renters Insurance is designed to help protect you from certain losses. Losses are events that cause damage to property or injury to persons, whether covered by insurance or not.

Personal Property

This coverage helps protect against losses to your personal property, while it is in your home or with you while you travel.

Optional Renters Insurance Coverages

Coverages available for an additional premium include but are not limited to:

  1. Additional liability coverage
  2. Identity Restoration
  3. Earthquake damage
  4. Additional business property
  5. Incidental business liability